Frozen Pipe Repair in Orange, CT
Each year, pipes freeze in the homes of more than 50 million families in the United States. Since Connecticut is no stranger to harsh winters, the likelihood of a frozen or burst pipe in your home is not uncommon.
A burst water pipe is a home disaster that affects hundreds of CT residents each year. It can be caused by aging pipes and expansion from freezing and thawing. We want to help your prevent, or atleast minimize the risks assosciated with frozen pipes.
Finding a reliable company that provides frozen pipe repair in Orange CT can be difficult. Luckily, not only are we reliable, we have the experience and knowledge to get you out of even the toughest of situations.
We offer Emergency burst pipe repair in Orange CT. If a pipe in your home bursts, there are a number of steps to immediately take. You should first, in all cases, shut down your home's main water supply. If it's heated water that's coming from the broken pipe, you should also close the valve attached to your hot water heater. After you've shut down the water, it's time to call a plumber for help with repairing or replacing the burst pipe.
Tips for thawing frozen pipes in Orange CT :
- Apply heat to the section of pipe using an electric heating pad wrapped around the pipe, electric hair dryer, a portable space heater (kept away from flammable materials), or by wrapping pipes with towels soaked in hot water.
- Do not use a blowtorch, kerosene or propane heater, charcoal stove or other open flame device.
- Do not let a heating pad, hair dryer, or other electrical device come into contact with water.
- Do not leave any heat source unattended at any time.
- Keep the faucet open. As you treat the frozen pipe and the frozen area begins to melt, water will begin to flow through the frozen area. Running water through the pipe will help melt more ice in the pipe.
If your pipe does burst..
- If your house or basement is flooding, turn off the water valve if you can locate it and CALL US IMMEDIATELY. If you can not locate your shut off valve, we can help talk you through the process of locating it.
- DO NOT TRY TO THAW A BURST PIPE THAT HAS RESULTED IN FLOODING! THIS COULD CAUSE ELECTROCUTION!
- If you are unable to locate the frozen area, if the frozen area is not accessible, or if you cannot thaw the pipe, call the licensed plumbers at RAPS immediately.
- Be sure to check all of the other pipes in your home to be sure further freezing has not occurred.